Moringa is rightly called the wonder plant for its many healing benefits. Regular consumption of Moringa is not only known to ward off diseases but the nutritional qualities of this plant make it a perfect food supplement for building health and nutritional deficiencies. Let’s explore some of the medicinal benefits of Moringa.
- Highly nutritious: Moringa is loaded with nutrients and minerals and is an excellent source of fibre. It is widely used as an ingredient in health supplements in India and Africa.
- Benefits for nursing mothers: Moringa has been evidenced a galactagogue. It improves milk secretion and flow in lactating mothers.
- Promotes weight loss: Moringa contains bioactive agents that have been suggested to possess weight loss benefits. They reduce body weight and improve BMI without any side effects.
- Beneficial for skin and hair: Moringa is an all-encompassing solution for your skin and scalp problems. It hydrates and nourishes your skin, improves hair growth, prevents UV damage and delays ageing signs like dark spots, wrinkles and hair greying.
- Reduces blood pressure: Research evidence suggests that moringa juice contains hypotensive (reducing blood pressure) properties, which is attributed to the flavonoids present in it.
- Improves Alzheimer’s symptoms: In vivo (lab-based) studies indicate that the antioxidants present in moringa are effective in improving memory and delaying cognition loss in case of Alzheimer’s. However, these findings are yet to be confirmed in clinical settings.